Sunday, March 25, 2012

Meet Craftstravaganzaa Artist - Of The Sea

Hi, I am Marisa Fortunato, creator of Of the Sea. As a native of Cape Cod, Massachusetts, I have always found myself inspired by the ocean and in my work I try to capture its beauty in whimsical ways. I create both jewelry and wall art and my pieces are meant to remind onlookers of that happiness that the sea evokes. My pictures are created from layers of hand-cut colored paper that merge together to create bright and peaceful scenes, simple and yet simultaneously full of depth and texture. I love working with colorful glass beads and wire to create jewelry, and my most popular pieces are leather bracelets featuring cheerful, metal fish beads. I hope my work brings the happiness and simplicity of life by the sea to you!

 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Of-the-Sea/288277207873193

 

Ofthesea

No comments:

Post a Comment