Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tom Britton - Holiday 2011 Artist

Tom Britton 
I am a self-taught knitter. I started knitting when I was 16; I wanted a bulky sweater jacket and could not afford the hefty price the stores were asking for it. So, being a man of resource, I set out teaching myself to knit. One year later, I was wearing that sweater jacket. I became addicted to knitting, the thought of creating something out of a piece of string fascinated me. Now, I primarily knit only in the fall/winter months; I own and run a small campground business in the spring/summer months. Lace, fair-isle sweaters and caps are my favorite items to knit; and the only socks I have ever knitted were for holding Christmas presents. I prefer making things that are useful and practical and create my own patterns and methods for doing so. The more challenging the project, the better. I prefer using natural fibers: cotton, wool, alpaca, llama, angora, etc. I teach workshops and classes. I started making these caps a little over a year ago and have sold many, many, many caps. My Ravelry.com name is tbritton.





1 comment: